Monday, May 8, 2017

Public Event




Ecological Sustainability Conference 2017


Image may contain: 1 person, sitting and closeup
The community event I chose was the ecological sustainability conference. The conference was very well planned, there were many different seminars to go check out but the two I chose were the Water Sustainability and Future in Transportation. I learned many things in the water sustainability. I learned a lot about bottled water companies and how the bottles they use are unsafe and could seriously harm us. Also I learned these companies are paying about two dollars for liters in the hundreds, they told us about how safe our tap water is and how it comes from the mountains and we brainstormed some ideas about how to stop these bottled water companies. My group’s idea was to tax these companies for the water making it harder for them to flip it for money. The Second seminar I participated in was the Future in Transportation we mainly learned about EV’s (Electric powered vehicles). Of the two seminars I went to, this one personally wasn’t as educational and didn’t really stick. What stuck was that these EV’s take hours to fully charge but are cheaper and better than gas. I also learned you need a personal power charging station or you’re going to be driving around and waiting for a public on to open up at a coffee shop for example. I think for me to ever see myself driving an EV they would need to do something about the charging. Those were the two seminars but aside from that the conference was very fun and the lunch was really generous and I wouldn’t mind going to another sustainability conference like this in the future.    

No comments:

Post a Comment